Lest we forget! Ne l’oublions pas! Today, November 11, 2022 is Remembrance Day here in Canada. It is also the 7th anniversary of the passing of my Father, Richard Albert Ward, on November 11, 2015 in Halifax, Nova Scotia. Dad was 92 when he died, having been born on September 25, 1923 in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
Dad died peacefully. He was sitting watching the evening news with family, enjoying a glass of white wine, and he passed over.
Dad served in the Royal Canadian Navy on the HCMS Wentworth (K331) a River Class frigate. She served primarily as a convoy escort in the Battle of the Atlantic. The Wentworth was based in Pictou, Nova Scotia and he met my Mother there.
The Battle of The Atlantic
While The Battle of the Atlantic was a strategic victory for the Allies it was at a great cost with the loss of 3,500 merchant ships, 175 warships, and some 72,000 sailors killed. Blessings to their souls.
Explore with Richard
- Explore My Points of Reference.
- Explore My Teachers, Guides, and Mentors.
- Explore My Recommended Reading.
- Explore and learn more about Reconnecting With Spirit.
- Explore My 365 Daily Inspiration.
- Book an appointment for a Free Introductory Conversation with Richard.
"Be practical and expect miracles when you just take the first step forward every day." -Richard Edward Ward