It is 8 years since my Dad, Richard Albert Ward, died on November 11, 2015.
He died on Remembrance Day. He was a veteran having served in the Royal Canadian Navy during World War Two.
Lest we forget! Ne l’oublions pas!
November 11, 2023
Thank you, Dad.
Remembering my Father.
Richard Albert Ward.
I miss you.
Died November 11, 2015.
92 years old.
HMCS Wentworth, Royal Canadian Navy.
Battle of the Atlantic:
3,500 merchant ships,
around 72,000 sailors killed.
Dad, from Winnipeg, left his engineering studies at McGill University and joined the Royal Canadian Navy.
His ship the HMCS Wentworth was stationed in Pictou, Nova Scotia. And that is where he met my mother Joyce MacArthur.
He returned to McGill after the war.
He never talked about those years for the most part.
Explore with Richard
- Explore My Points of Reference.
- Explore My Teachers, Guides, and Mentors.
- Explore My Recommended Reading.
- Explore and learn more about Reconnecting With Spirit.
- Explore My 365 Daily Inspiration.
- Book an appointment for a Free Introductory Conversation with Richard.
"Be practical and expect miracles when you just take the first step forward every day." -Richard Edward Ward