Over the years I have studied New Thought as well as attending services at Unity Church as well as the Centre for Spiritual Living formerly Church of Religious Science (based on the teachings found in the Science of Mind).
While there are a number of New Thought paths, New Thought, sometimes known as Higher Thought, understands that Infinite Intelligence, or God, is everywhere, and that spirit is the totality of real things.
New Thought is first and foremost governed by the simple principle that when we change our thinking, we change our lives.
As a spiritual path New Thought encompasses a variety of approaches rooted in different cultures which promote a practical approach to life resulting in increased health, joy, abundance and success.
Furthermore, New Thought sees that true human selfhood is divine, divine thought is a force for good, sickness originates in the mind, and “right thinking” has a healing effect.
New Thought Principles
The Principles of New Thought may be views as:
- We affirm God as Mind, Infinite Being, Spirit, and Ultimate Reality.
- We affirm that God, the Good, is supreme, universal, and everlasting.
- We affirm the unity of God and humanity, in that the divine nature dwells within and expresses through each of us, by means of our acceptance of it, as health, supply, wisdom, love, life, truth, power, beauty, and peace.
- We affirm the power of prayer and the capacity of each person to have mystical experience with God, and to enjoy the grace of God.
- We affirm the freedom of all persons as to beliefs, and we honor the diversity of humanity by being open and affirming of all persons, affirming the dignity of human beings as founded on the presence of God within them, and, therefore, the principle of democracy.
- We affirm that we are all spiritual beings, dwelling in a spiritual universe that is governed by spiritual law, and that in alignment with spiritual law, we can heal, prosper, and harmonize.
- We affirm that our mental states are carried forward into manifestation and become our experience in daily living.
- We affirm the manifestation of the kingdom of heaven here and now.
- We affirm expression of the highest spiritual principle in loving one another unconditionally, promoting the highest good for all, teaching and healing one another, ministering to one another, and living together in peace, in accordance with the teachings of Jesus and other enlightened teachers.
- We affirm our evolving awareness of the nature of reality and our willingness to refine our beliefs accordingly.
New Thought Associations
New Thought associations include:
New Thought Reference
Explore my Points of Reference pages.
Teachers, Guides, and Mentors
You may also enjoy exploring my Teachers, Guides, and Mentors pages.