Here you will find some ramblings, rants and perhaps a few ideas from Richard E. Ward – a senior citizen according to Canadian and other societies and a Traumatic Brain Injury Survivor.
I prefer the term Elder because ‘senior citizen’ seems like a way to get rid of people after a certain age and dismiss them.
I have a wide variety of interests. I am particularly interested in finding and implementing ways to make Canadian society better and more comfortable for Canadians. There is no reason for any Canadian citizen to not have a comfortable place to live, food to eat, comprehensive health care and a reasonable income. I will be exploring areas such as:
- affordable housing;
- dental care – why isn’t dental care provided for all citizens;
- financial services concentration – we need to breakup the concentration of financial services;
- guaranteed minimum income – every one should have a basic annual guaranteed income;
- health care – health care should be national in coverage not provincial;
- legalize drugs – marijuana, cocaine, heroin, etc. should all be legal and available through government controlled stores;
- media concentration – news papers, radio stations, TV and internet services shoul dnot be owned a single corporate entity;
- pharmacare – drugs and medication should be provided to all citizens;