Winds of Spirit: Ancient Wisdom Tools for Navigating Relationships, Health, and the Divine by Renee Baribeau that helped me to connect with Wind spirits, exploring the rich mythology and cultural significance of wind.
Buy Winds of Spirit on Amazon.
In this book, you’ll explore the rich mythology and cultural significance of wind, and discover a powerful system to utilize the subtle, healing energies in your life.
Winds of Spirit will teach you how to connect with your true inner self, use your body as a compass, and receive life-changing messages from nature.
Based on an ancient sacred technique used by farmers, shamans and sailors, this system will show you how to navigate your personal path, providing insight into how to manage the wind patterns and shifting conditions affecting you.
You will also learn how to invoke wind deities –gods and goddesses from around the world –and the cardinal winds from the four quadrants of the sky, each of which relate to the inner landscape of your life: mind, emotions, body, and spirit.
By working with the omnipresent winds in your life, you can restore harmony and balance, heal the body, and inspire creativity.
Table of Comtents
Explore the Table of Contents of Winds of Spirit to see how you can begin to learn and use the power of the Winds:
- Introduction: Navigating Change
- PART I: THE WINDS OF CHANGE
- Chapter 1: The Goal: The Awakened Self
- Chapter 2: The Story of Wind: Applying Ancient Knowledge to Modern-Day Navigation
- Chapter 3: Intensity: Types of Wind
- Chapter 4: Recognizing Wind Patterns: Cycles of Change
- PART II: FROM WHAT DIRECTION IS THE WIND BLOWING? CARDINAL FORCES Introduction to the Cardinal Winds
- Chapter 5: The Cardinal Wind of the East (The Mind)
- Chapter 6: The Cardinal Wind of the South (The Emotions)
- Chapter 7: The Cardinal Wind of the West (The Body)
- Chapter 8: The Cardinal Wind of the North (The Spirit)
- PART III: WHEN THE WIND BLOWS—NAVIGATING LIFE
- Chapter 9: Wind Magic throughout History
- Chapter 10: Finding Your Center
- Chapter 11: Calibrating Your Inner Awakening Compass
- Chapter 12: Weather Vane Process: Staying Balanced During Changing Winds
- Chapter 13: Wind Bath Chapter 14: Wind Knots: Managing Intensity
- Chapter 15: Cooperating with Your Inner Winds
- Chapter 16: Removing Resistance to Change
- PART IV: THE INNER WINDS—FORCES OF NATURE
- Introduction to the 29 Wind Gods/Goddesses
- Amaunet (Egyptian): Obscurity
- Bieg-Olmai (Lapp): Signs
- Cardea (Roman): Facilitator
- Dogoda (Polish): Compassion
- Ehécatl (Aztec/Mixtec): Passion
- Enlil (Mesopotamian): Destiny
- Esaugetúh Emissee (Muscogee Creek): Protection
- Feng Po Po (Chinese): Harmony
- Fūjin (Shinto): Purification
- Holle (Teutonic): Mystery
- Ilmarinen (Finnish): Inventor
- Kari (Malaysian): Expression
- La‘amaomao (Hawaiian): Ancestor
- Mari (Basque): Gift
- Nilch’i (Navajo): Intuition
- Njörðr (Norse): Prosperity
- Oyá (Yoruba): Transformation
- Shu (Ancient Egyptian): Separation
- Sila Innua (Inuit): Wisdom
- Stribog (Slavic): Dispersal
- Tāwhirimātea (New Zealand): Tempest
- Tȟaté (Lakota Sioux): Messenger
- Vayu (Indus): Strength Vēja Māte (Latvian): Nourishment
- Wayramama (Peruvian): Right Relationship
- Yaponcha (Hopi): Moderation
- Yel Ana (Turkish; Yörük): Guidance
- Yeongdeung Halmang (Tamna): Balance
- No Wind (Equator): Doldrums
- Afterword: Deepening Wind Wisdom
Buy Winds of Spirit on Amazon.
Shamanism & Shamanic Practice
Learn more about shamanism and shamanic practice by visiting these pages: