“Wonderful, fascinating…Harner really knows what he’s talking about.”
— Carlos Castaneda
Shamanic Resource and Reference
The Way of the Shaman is the foremost resource and reference on understanding shamanism.
The Way of the Shaman is the definitive handbook on practical shamanism. It offers in easy to understand language a guide to current resources and shows you: what it is, where it comes from and how you can participate in shamanism.
“An intimate and practical guide to the art of shamanic healing and the technology of the sacred. Michael Harner is not just an anthropologist who has studied shamanism: he is an authentic white shaman.”
— Stanislav Grof, author of The Adventure of Self-Discovery
Contents of The Way of the Shaman:
I am listing the table of contents below so that you can easily see the solid info that Michael Harner presents. It is easy to read and understand.
- Chapter 1: Discovering the Way
- Chapter 2: The Shamanic Journey: Introduction
- Chapter 3: Shamanism and States of Consciousness
- Chapter 4: Power Animals
- Chapter 5: The Journey to Restore Power
- Chapter 6: Power Practice
- Chapter 7: Extracting Harmful Intrusions
- Appendix A: Drums, Drumming Cassettes, and Training Workshops
- Appendix B: The Hand Game of the Flathead Indians
“Harner has impeccable credentials, both as an academic and as a practicing shaman. Without doubt (since the recent death of Mircea Eliade) the world’s leading authority on shamanism.”
— Nevill Drury, author of The Shaman’s Quest