Psalm 23 – A Psalm of David or the Lord is My Shepherd – is a beloved and well known piece of Hebrew and Christian Scriptures.
Psalm 23 is about protection and provision throughout life’s journey and can be recited whenever travails afflict one. Often read during hard times, Psalm 23 provides a lot of comfort in a way that is hard to describe.
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures;
He leadeth me beside the still waters.
He restoreth my soul; He guideth me in straight paths
for His name’s sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley
of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil, for Thou art with me;
Thy rod and Thy staff, they comfort me.
Thou preparest a table before me
in the presence of mine enemies;
Thou hast anointed my head with oil;
my cup runneth over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
all the days of my life;
and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.
Explore Biblical Psalms and Prayers
Explore Different Prayer Traditions
- Explore different prayer traditions with Richard.
Explore with Richard
- Explore and learn more about Reconnecting With Spirit.
- Explore My Points of Reference.
- Explore My Teachers, Guides, and Mentors.
- Explore My Recommended Reading.
- Explore My 365 Daily Inspiration.
- Book an appointment for a Free Introductory Conversation with Richard.
"Be practical and expect miracles when you just take the first step forward every day." -Richard Edward Ward