Dr. Jonn Mumford (Swami Anandakapila Saraswati) is known and respected around the world for his knowledge, scholarship, dynamic teaching style and extensive practical experience in Kriya Yoga, Jyotish and Tantra.
I studied very briefly with Dr. Mumford through an online course. An excellent course that he was directly involved in teaching.
Dr. Mumford uniquely qualified to communicate the secrets of Tantra to the Western world due to his depth and breadth of experience including training in chiropractic and psychology, many years of practice as an osteopathic physician, advanced training in a wide range of Eastern disciplines, and many years of teaching in Australia, India and the United States.
Dr. Mumford is a direct disciple of Yogamaharishi Dr. Swami Gitananda Giri GuruMaharaj (South India) and Paramhansa Swami Satyananda Saraswati, Bihar. He was initiated by Swami Satyananda Saraswati in 1973, at BSY Monghyr, Bihar State, India.
Dr. Jonn Mumford wrote his first book Psychosomatic Yoga in 1961 while completing an intensive period of yogic study in India.
His renowned 1975 book Sexual Occultism, later revised and issued as Ecstasy Through Tantra, was among the very first books to introduce Westerners to traditional, left-hand Tantra from the perspective of an initiate. This book and Dr. Mumford’s public teaching at Llewellyn Publications 1976 Gnosticon conference inspired an entire generation of Western Tantra teachers.
Jonn Mumford Consulting
Learn more about Dr. Jonn Mumform and his courses at his website jonnmumfordconsult.com/
Dr. Mumford currently resides in Sydney, Australia
Recommended Reading for Dr. Jonn Mumford
Take a looksee at the recommended reading for Dr. Jonn Mumford (Swami Anandakapila Saraswati).
- Ecstasy Through Tantra: Now you and your lover can engage in specific sexual techniques and positions for ritual intercourse that will flood you with the overwhelming physical ecstasy which triggers expanded states of consciousness. (1988)
- A Chakra & Kundalini Workbook: Psycho-Spiritual Techniques for Health, Rejuvenation, Psychic Powers & Spiritual Realization (1994)
- Magical Tattwa Cards: A Complete System of Self-Development (1997)
- Mind Magic Kit (1998)
- Death: Beginning or End?: Methods for Immortality (1999) and
- Karma Manual: 9 Days to Change Your Life (1999)